Emergency Veterinary Care
Does your pet need emergency medical care? Call now for immediate assistance from our trained veterinary staff.
Flower Mound Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center provides comprehensive treatment services, hospitalization, and critical care for pet emergencies.
We are able to see Canine (dogs) and Feline (cats).
Our animal emergency center is equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment and technologies to help our veterinary experts assess your pet’s health.
We have you covered
Many of our patients arrive in extreme emergency situations. They've been hit by a car, have deep cuts or puncture wounds, or have ingested toxins and other emergent situations. Your regular vet can also refer your pet to us for critical care if your pet suffers from a critical illness such as congestive heart failure, asthma, diabetes, or respiratory distress. No matter what the situation, Flower Mound Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center is here when you need us.
One or more veterinarians and technicians are on-site at all times when we are open. Our staff includes several full-time emergency veterinarians who have a special interest in and years of additional training in emergency veterinary medicine so you can be sure your pet will get the best care. Our veterinarians are members of the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS) and actively participate in ongoing training in emergency veterinary medicine.
What is considered a pet emergency?
In most cases, the following conditions are too risky to wait before seeking treatment:
- Injury from a traumatic accident or from an attack by another animal
- Prolonged diarrhea or vomiting that contains blood
- Collapse or loss of consciousness
- Difficulty breathing
- Swollen and or painful abdomen
- Foaming at the mouth
- Swallowing a foreign object
- Ingestion of a toxic object
- Difficulty urinating
Emergency Tests & Diagnostics
During your pet’s stay, we provide the highest-quality care and attention. All hospitalized patients are kept in a specialized treatment area where they are closely monitored.
Our vet team is skilled in offering surgical, diagnostic, and medical care and work with compassion and efficiency to ensure a positive outcome.
We offer the latest diagnostics and testing for our urgent care patients at our emergency veterinary clinic, including:
- Blood analysis. A blood analysis can help us determine what is wrong with your dog or cat if they are experiencing an unknown illness or has ingested a toxic substance.
- Digital X-rays. X-rays help us determine what kind of internal injuries your pet might be experiencing after a fight or accident involving a car.
- Surgery. Sometimes pets need to be brought into surgery to repair internal injuries.
- Medication. Medicines may be necessary to help your pet recover from a medical emergency or illness. We keep a range of pet medicines on hand to ensure that your pet's needs are covered.
For more information on our emergency vet services or to book an appointment, please give us a call.